Monday, December 24, 2012

Virus - Oblivion Clock Review

Virus  Oblivion Clock EP - (December 1st, 2012)


A mix of songs created on the road according to Bandcamp's Virus profile on Oblivion Clock EP incarnation. Whatever the case maybe, what is evident is a further exploration of the ongoing evolution of Virus and Czral's songwriting process. But, I as I stated in the Black Flux review I feel Virus meld a very unique voice to a field that is saturated with sameness, and I like the openness what this band does. It is a breath of fresh air considering the current age and state of where things reside in regards to the music industry.

As a whole I would encourage those who read this, that they consider using Bandcamp to support the artists more directly, because the channels currently don't give back to the artist in anyway, shape or form. These prominent avenues of support do not directly involve or care to support the work rather than steal from those content creators.

Moving back to this EP, after listening I am struck with a jubilant mixture of elated satisfaction, and more questions. Oblivion Clock goes into various enclaves of experimentation, I was agape thinking what the hell is going on with this EP? It is a strange mix of songs, weird rhythms, and shift in vocality I was thrown off a bit. Having taken a decent crack at the material, I'll need some more time to uncover its novelty, don't get me wrong I love this implicitly.  Finally, the thing that stays is the guitar tone, it sticks with me, it gives a lot of interest. Thanks for reading.

B


No comments:

Post a Comment