Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tenet - Sovereign Review

Tenet  Sovereign 2009

Whoa....lets just get that out of the way. This is the most intense I've heard Steven 'Zetro Souza in quite sometime. Since I loved his final Exodus record Temple Of The Damned. little did I know he was saving his vocal range for this record Sovereign.

Every song on Sovereign oozes a kick to the groin, a punch to the face, and does not let up even once. This is as focused metal if there is ever a term to describe how this feels and sounds. Every time I listen to this, I hear new elements, or what I've missed on prior excursions.

You want something that just blows most of the competition away? This is an all star group consisting of: Greg Alvelais (Guitarist), Gene Hoglan (Drums), Jed Simon (Rhythm Guitars), Byron Stroud (Bassist), and Steve 'Zetro Souza (Vocals).

Though this record has been out four years, it has aged quite well in a field that I think still needs a swift kick to the ass. I can't say that I've felt a lot of hope in the preceding years because thusly how far can one push the boundaries of style before people just tune out. No matter, I'm glad to at least acknowledge that sometimes there are brief moments when something comes out that turns heads, this record did just that. Thanks for reading.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment