Thursday, December 5, 2013

Seth - The Howling Spirit

Seth - The Howling Spirit  (r)06/11/2013

I have no prior knowledge of Seth, so this provides me a fresh perspective to gauge forth. I've not been really versed about this French band, in only this year.

Via bandcamp specifically, I checked out The Howling Spirit. It is an album with a mixture of calm, elation, sorrow, melancholy, trouble, unsureness, while bristling forth a dark edge of personal sanity.

Underlying in the theme is a deep fragmentation of humanities faith, wherein supports this philosophical debate about the soul.

In my interpretation I feel this is a record providing a couple singular points and/or pieces into this construction.

Thematically there is a wide crevices, giving a variances of cascading pits of darkness woven with around the music. The thing I enjoy the most about The Howling Spirit is the melody. Sure there are the usual trappings of Black Metal, but this isn't the reason why this record exists, there is something very deep, aware, and presented for the listener to uncover. Thanks for reading.

B.


No comments:

Post a Comment