Saturday, September 7, 2013

Deathspell Omega - Drought

Deathspell Omega Drought EP - (r) 06/22/2012

I am unsure of what is happening at the surface level. The nice mellow beginning morphs into something much darker, sinister, and deeper than I was prepared for. It is an interesting spectacular frame that is part listening to bones being fillet, with a twinge of melody sprinkled about.

Drought isn't meant to be comfortable. It does not serve anything more than to grate upon prior expectations. It will make the listener pay for not being aware of it's own cognition. Thematically the poetry pushes into uncomfortable reflection. I find it to be great work which is expressed in the tome, and craft.

I find this band off the beat, in many ways they elicit a demanding power that rustles forceful philosophic undertones. Just as the EP begins, so it ends. Drought invokes my time in gauging it's intention. I'm stretching myself out there, and I'm glad because this EP has grown on me. Thanks for reading.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment