Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sacred Reich - Ignorance (Classic Thrash)

Sacred Reich - Ignorance 1987

I figured on talking about Sacred Reich and where and how I came to find this diamond of a record. My real taste didn't begin until the 90's with Heal, and The American Way. I know they hail from Arizona United States, whereas the topics are very much about the era: Reaganomics, nuclear annihilation, and thinking for yourself. What I liked about Sacred Reich is they're not so palatable amongst the masses aspect; either you liked what they did or you didn't.


I found them as an oddity of sorts, but with their cover of Oingo Boingo's Who Do You Want To Be? off of Heal sold me instantaneously. I would even say these gents were off the beaten path like Oingo Boingo because they didn't fit in insomuch but rather carved out their own path.

Ignorance is a record that gave them a point to start from, as its crazy fast, ballsy, and grinds effortlessly. The fact this record still keeps my interest long after it was released is cool. I've always liked that I can understand the lyrics, and the tonality of the players.

It is a record of its time. I don't think there is much difference in the construction of its political message, because its about the same now with regards to more ardent and militant with polarized debates and the the such. If there is one thing that is always fluid is the need to make oneself acutely aware of their surroundings. Ignorance I think pelts the unaware just enough to pay close attention to the world one lives in.

Ignorance gives copious amounts of food for thought on human relations, an rift of silly paranoia, whilst adhering to personal ethics without compromising self intrepidity. I believe these are hallmarks of an era that is sadly been relegated to a niche or forgotten status.

I implore those who read this to check these guys out, thanks for reading.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment