Monday, July 28, 2014

Shores Of Null - Quiescence

Shores of Null - Quiescence 03/13/14 Candlelight Records

Thus far I like this record. Reminds me vocally of Alice In Chains with a twist of modern doom.

The record definitely has a doom vibe, but is evoking very familiar pastures.

Quiescence could fit anywhere in the Swedish style, or American style, it is that mutable.

The power that comes out of this album is melodic progression. There isn't a lot of blatant speed going forth, nor the obnoxious bravado, there seems to be a very calculated intent with this record.

This is my seventh unknown artist from Candlelight, and I'm pleasantly happy to continue to support this label. I await new frontiers of sound Shores of Null will bestow on me in the future, thanks for reading.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment